1876 Lancaster County PA Family Bible Hand Written History
Product Description: A beautiful embossed Family Holy Bible from the Sensenich Family. The People's Standard Edition of the Holy Bible: Containing The Old and New Testaments and the Apocryphal Writings - Bradley, Garretson & Co. Philadelphia, PA; Brantford, Ont. dated 1876. This edition contains the revised New Testament. You will find illustrated maps, full-page steel engravings, and a gallery of over five-hundred illustrations and descriptions, representing biblical architecture, customs, arts, sciences, rites, coins, writings, botany, and natural history.
The birth page is filled out with (6) births dating from 1857 to 1901. The marriage page is filled out with the marriage of Sensenich and Good in 1880, of Lancaster County, P.A. the death and family history pages are blank although on a separate piece of paper, there are hand-written pencil lists of births and deaths Also, included inside the Bible are:
- A separate hand-written, colored-ink list of births
- The family history section towards the back has a beautiful, colored marriage certificate dated 1880
- A folded, hand-written, pencil list of 7 births (1860 - 1876) and 5 deaths (1935-1942)
- Several, antique newspaper clippings of the Bible's owner and family's life events.
- Two, pressed flowers tucked between pages 626 and 627.
- Several different pieces of silk/satin sashes kept in between pages.
The symbolic keepsakes found in the bible where left untouched.
Dimensions: 10" Wide x 12 1/4" Tall x 3 1/2" Thick
Product Weight: 9.14 pounds
Condition: Previously owned - used. Fair condition. Pages show signs of foxing, toning, torn or ripped areas. Front, side, and back of leather cover are rubbed off in many areas. The binding is still intact, although, the leather is rubbed off down the side and corners of the binding. The inside cover has a red, blue, and cream design, and continues to the first page. It has a 5" L x 1" W section, which is torn off but saved. The last page of the Psalms and Index of Meters is torn out, but kept in the book. Most tissue guards are still intact although discoloration and toning may be present.
Usually ships within one business day
Ships only to the 48 contiguous states